Kingston Digital has unveiled what could be one of the fastest USB-A flash drives on the market. The DataTraveler Max joins DataTraveler Max USB-C, completing Kingston’s DT Max series of high-performance USB flash drives. Both drives use the latest USB 3.2 Gen 2 standard.
The DT Max series delivers record-breaking speeds of up to 1,000MB/s read and 900MB/s write, making them some of the fastest USB drives on the market and the first of their kind. In addition, DT Max is designed to be portable and convenient. This new USB-A model is finished in a fetching merlot and black design. The original DT Max has an all-black design and a USB Type-C connector. The different color was chosen to distinguish the two types of drives at first glance.
The ridged casing of the drives protects the connector when it’s not in use and is easy to slide in a single motion. The transfer and storage of large digital files such as HD photos, 4K/8K videos, music and more are handled at high speed and capacities up to 1TB. Adding a keyring loop and LED status indicator makes the drive perfect for use when on the go.
Availability: The Kingston DataTraveler Max series is available in capacities ranging from 256GB to 1TB and is backed by a five-year warranty with free technical support. Prices in the UK start at £39.59 for the 256GB drive, while the 1TB model costs £118.79. Prices include VAT.
More info: www.kingston.com
- Design: One-handed sliding cap, LED status indicator and keyring loop.
- Capacities: 256GB, 512GB, 1TB.
- Interface: USB 3.2 Gen 2.
- Speed: Up to 1,000MB/s read, 900MB/s write.
- Dimensions: Type-C: 82.17 x 22.00 x 9.02mm Type-A: 91.17 x 22.00 x 9.02mm.
- Weight: Type-C: 12g Type-A: 14g.
- Warranty: 5-year warranty with free technical support.
- Compatible with: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, Mac OS (v. 10.14.x+), Linux (v. 2.6.x+), Chrome OS.