Netflix has reportedly divested itself of its planned Vince McMahon docuseries following the allegations against him over the past month. As you surely know at this point, McMahon was hit with new allegations in a Wall Street Journal report published today. The report states that in addition to the original alleged $3 million hush payment given to an employee he had an affair with, McMahon allegedly paid over $12 million over the past 16 years to four women involving sexual misconduct and infidelity. The allegations have surfaced as part of an investigation by the WWE Board into the original $3 million payment.
According to Denise Salcedo of Instinct Culture, a source at Netflix confirmed that the planned docuseries is “no longer… listed” on their internal spreadsheet and when asked about it, another Netflix source said “That s**t’s out of here.” One of the producers refused to comment on the story to confirm or deny. The project is said to have been “deep” into post-production with millions spent and several talent interviews conducted.
The docuseries was announced by WWE President Nick Khan during the company’s Q3 2020 earnings call. The series was said to be scheduled for release later this year.
Another source indicated that the project was already “deep” in post-production & that several talent interviews had been done months ago & that millions were spent. I spoke to one of the producers on the project, however they declined to confirm nor deny this story to me. (2/2)
— Denise ‘Hollywood Superstar’ Salcedo (@_denisesalcedo) July 8, 2022